Every year, the students elect College Union Chairman, Vice- Chairman, General Secretary, Arts-Club Secretary, Student Editor, University Union Councillors, Lady Representatives and Class Representatives. The College Union is intended to provide the students with opportunities to channelise their energy and talents along constructive lines. All the co-curricular activities of the college are organised and conducted by the College Union under the guidance of the concerned teachers. The elections and activities of the College Union will be governed by the rules and regulations of the University of Kerala.
1. Under-Graduate students between the ages of 17 and 22 may contest elections. The age range may be appropriately relaxed in the case of professional colleges, where course often range between 4 to 5 years.
2. For Post-Graduate Students the maximum age limit to legitimately contest an election would be 24-25 years.
3. For Research students the maximum age limit to legitimately contest an election would be 28 years.
4. Although, the committee would refrain from prescribing any particular minimum marks to be attained by the candidate, the candidate should in no event have any academic arrears in the year of contesting the election.
5. The candidate should have attained the minimum percentage of attendance as prescribed by the University or 75% attendance, which ever is higher.
6. The candidates shall have one opportunity to contest for the post of office bearer and two opportunities to contest for the post of an executive member.
7. The candidate shall not have a previous criminal record, that is to say he should not have been tried and / or convicted of any criminal offence or misdemeanor. The candidate shall also not have been subjected to any disciplinary action by the University authorities.
8. The candidate must be a regular, full-time student of the College/ University and should not be a distance/proximate education student. This is to say that all eligible candidates must be enrolled in a full time course, the course duration being one year.
Ms. Annamma Alex (Dept. of Botany)>
1. Mr. V.R. Ajithkumar (Dept. of Malayalam)
2. Ms. Jolly Malayam (Dept. of English)
1. Students are not permitted to organize or conduct excursions or study tours without the knowledge and consent of the Principal.
2. Study tours will be organized by the Departments.
3. Only final year/final semester students will be permitted to go on excursions or study tours.
4. A detailed programme of travel, places of visit, stay, names of the participants etc should be submitted to the Principal before proceeding on a tour.
5. No student from other classes will be permitted to join a class going on tour.
6. There should be at least two teachers (one male and one female) accompanying the team.
Associations of various departments comprising of staff & students work actively to involve students in co-curricular activities. One of the staff members of the department is nominated as in-charge and other office bearers are selected from among the students. The associations organize seminars, lectures, debates, competitions etc.
Various committee with members of the teaching staff have been constituted to assist the Principal.
STAFF SECRETARY : Mr. Roy John (Dept. of Mathematics)
The committee is constituted for the publication of the College Calendar 2011-2012
1. Dr. Varughese P. Daniel (Dept. of Chemistry) -Convenor
2. Dr. Joseph Mathai (Dept. of Zoology)
3. Mr. Shajan. M.S (Dept. of Chemistry)
4. Ms. Blessy John (Dept. of English))
Sargavedi is a cultural organisation which is intended to inspire the students in activities of art, culture and literature. The main activities of Sargavedi include conducting seminars, debates, elocution competitions, stage programmes etc.
It helps to find out the hidden talents in students and to develop them. Every year Sargavedi conducts â€œSargothsavamâ€� which provides the students with a stage to perform their talents.
CONVENER : Ms. Susamma Varghese (Dept. of Hindi)