The Department offers UG Programme in B.Com.(Finance).
The first Degree Programme in Commerce is designed with the objective of equipping the students to cope up with the emerging trends and challenges in the industrial and business world.
- Core Course in Commerce.
- Complementary Courses in Commerce.
- Elective Course in Finance.
- Open Course in Commerce.
- B .Com.(Finance)-The normal duration of the First Degree Programme in Commerce shall be three years consisting of six semesters. The duration of each semester shall be five months inclusive of the days of examinations. There shall be at least 90 working days in a semester and a minimum 450 hours of instruction in a semester. A total credit of this course is 120. A project submission at the end semester is an integral part of this course.
- Complementary Courses-The Complementary course offered by the Department include Managerial Economics, Business Mathematics, E-Business, Business Statistics.
- Elective Courses-Department offers Financial Management, Project Finance, Financial Services in India and Taxation Laws and accounts as the elective papers.
- Open Course- ♦ Fundamentals of Financial Accounting in the fifth semester for Students from disciplines other than Commerce and ♦ Management of Foreign Trade for Sixth semester students from the Department of Commerce.
For Syllabus: [click here]
How to get Admission.
We do not admit students directly to all the programmes. Students can get their seats through the Centralized Online Admission System by the University of Kerala . Usually admission opens for UG programmes during the months of May-June of every year.
Eligibility for Admission
Eligibility for admissions and reservation of seats for the first Degree Programme in Commerce shall be according to the rules framed by the University from time to time. No student shall be eligible for admission to the first Degree programme in Commerce unless he/she has successfully completed the examination conducted by a Board / University at the +2 level of Schooling or its Equivalent.